From CCI User Wiki
- The install is nearly 15 GB. Make sure your CCI project has sufficient space or place in project “scratch-shared” space which does not have a quota.
- Before installing PowerAI, first setup a basic conda environment. It is recommended to configure the shared package cache before installing PowerAI.
To install all packages in PowerAI:
- Add the PowerAI channel:
conda config --add channels https://public.dhe.ibm.com/ibmdl/export/pub/software/server/ibm-ai/conda/linux-ppc64le/
conda install powerai python=3.6
- Allocate 1 AiMOS node for 30 mins: salloc –N 1 –t 30
- Get AiMOS node hostname via “squeue” command and ssh to node
- Run TF test: ~/scratch/miniconda3/bin/tensorflow-test
Note, some tests (e.g., MNIST) can’t download test datasets.