Project Instructions for RPI Personnel
Instructions for Rensselaer Personnel
A CCI project is a grouping of user accounts with a shared purpose. Projects are subject to a review process in which relevance to the CCI mission and goals shape what portion of CCI resources each project will receive.
What constitutes a project is purely up to you. You may want to group several research activities together as one project for convenience of management and data sharing. Specific research activities with confidentiality restrictions probably should be single projects of their own. Again, the choice is yours; just be mindful of the review and resource assignment process.
To request a CCI project be created, complete the first part of the CCI Project Information Form then forward the form to firstname.lastname@example.org for handling through the review and approval process.
You will need the following information:
- Project title – something simple that you will recognize.
- Project description – again, something simple, but likely meaningful for the project review process.
- Project participants – list the names of people that need accounts for the project. If an individual is a student, please identify the student's thesis advisor.
You may add new participants at any time. You can use the same CCI Project Information Form to update an existing project.
Each project participant must then (1) complete the first part of the CCI User Information Form and (2) read and sign the CCI User Responsibility agreement. Both the form and the agreement should be forwarded to email@example.com for processing.
In summary, CCI userid creation is a two step process:
- The project sponsor submits a CCI Project Information Form to define a project and its participants.
- Each participant submits a CCI User Information Form and a CCI User Responsibility Agreement.